Established January 2009
Incorporated November 2017
Our Working Definition: STEM Education refers to utilizing the NYS MST Standards in the teaching and learning of the Science, Technology Education, Engineering and Math (STEM) disciplines, in an innovative, integrated, collaborative, and applied fashion to a level of challenge sufficient for college and/or career readiness. (Developed in part from the National STEM Initiative)
New York State is a member of the STEMx coalition.
New York is a member of the new STEMx coalition of state STEM networks. We are beginning to interconnect messages through states’ social media as well as STEMConnector and other national partners.
2022-2023 NYSSEC Officers
- Co-President: Dr. Joseph Zawicki – STANYS
- Co-President: Jeffrey Stevens – SUNY Alfred
- Vice President: Mary Ann Nickloy – AMTNYS
- Treasurer: Brian Bealer – AMTNYS
- Immed. Past President: Terry McSweeney – Formerly of NYSUT